Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Part 7

After dinner the team of three each took a book and was going to try to decode it that night. Nina headed up to her room, the second book tucked in her arm.
“Nina,” Amber jumped up. “Guess what my daddy sent me?”
“What?” Nina asked trying not to look completely interested in what her roommate was saying.
“These new pair of shoes,” Amber held up a cute mar of flats. “And he said he’s coming to parent night this year,” she added with a squeal.
“They’re nice,” Nina sat on her bed. “And that’s great that your dad’s coming.”
“What’s wrong?”  Amber noticed that Nina’s mind was wandering.
“My Gran gave me some of my parent’s journal’s and I just can’t stop thinking about them,’ Nina sighed.
“Well, what do they say?”
“I have no idea,” the chosen one sighed again.
“Wow, your dad must have had terrible handwriting if you can’t read it. Let me see,” the blonde held out her hand. Reluctantly, Nina handed her the journal. “This writing is amazing, how can you not read it!”
“You try reading it then,” Nina rolled her eyes.
“What no way! It says you and Eddie are twins!”
“How did you figure it out it's written in code?”
“You and Eddie are twins?”
“Yeah, I tell you the story in a minute. How did you read it?”
“It’s just every other letter makes a word,” Amber explained. “You know, just because I’m blonde doesn’t mean I’m not smart.” Amber stroked her locks. “You And Eddie are related?”
“Uh...Yeah,” Nina started.
“And you didn’t tell me,”Amber yelled.
“I didn’t know until today,” Nina sighed.
“How do you not know you have a brother?”
“I just didn’t.”
“Wow.”
“Nobody ever told me”

No comments:

Post a Comment